Sunday, November 30, 2014

Playlist of the Week: Junior Highcore

by: Sabrina G

Remember all that alt rock that came out between like 2004 and 2009? Of course you do! Here’s betting your iPod nano was full of this stuff! I didn’t have an iAnything but I know I kept my Windows Media Player overloaded with Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Evanescence… and I still love it. Maybe I don’t listen to it quite as heavily as I once did. But I definitely enjoy it all. So here’s a playlist that might aid in a journey though Hot Topic filled days of past.


*DISCLAIMER: Let it be fully noted that I love this stuff. It still holds up for me. I’m being mildly humorous with my “music of junior high” spiel because… that’s when I started listening to most of this. It is still good and I still enjoy it to death. Also it is worth pointing out that a few of these bands were around prior to 2004 (i.e. Green Day, Marilyn Manson…). I just use that as a cut-off date. Also, I feel like Green Day’s release of American Idiot that year sort of inspired some of the alt rock that came out in the years after.

•       Welcome to the Black Parade – My Chimerical Romance
•       Holiday – Green Day
•       Going Under – Evanescence
•       Sugar We’re Going Down – Fall Out Boy
•       I Write Sins Not Tragedies – Panic! At The Disco
•       Looking Glass – The Birthday Massacre
•       CrushCrushCrush – Paramore
•       Taste Of Ink – The Used
•       Fireflies – Owl City
•       Holding On – Scary Kids Scaring Kids
•       My Heroine – Silverstein
•       Weightless – All Time Low
•       Wait For Tomorrow – blessthefall
•       Hey There Delilah – Plain White T’s
•       My Black Dahlia – Hollywood Undead
•       Vampire Heart – H.I.M
•       Believe Me I’m Lying – Forever The Sickest Kids
•       My Apocalypse – Escape the Fate
•       Never Wanted To Dance – Mindless Self Indulgence
•       We Only Come Out At Night – Motionless in White
•       Better Off This Way – A Day To Remember
•       Cassie – Flyleaf
•       If I Was Your Vampire – Ma*rilyn Manson
•       When I’m Gone – The Click Five
•       Angels – Within Temptation
•       Chelsea Smile – Bring Me The Horizon
•       Fixed At Zero - Versaemerge
•       Opheliac – Emilie Autumn
•       Last Break – Attack Attack!*
•       On the Brightside –Never Shout Never

Listen to this and other playlists here.

*not available on grooveshark

1 comment: